The NordBed Ultra by Invacare adapts easily to suit a range of clients requirements – especially for people with dementia and those who are more dependent on others. It is easily adaptable and comes with a homely aesthetic feel that makes it ideal for the atmosphere of a nursing home. It also comes with an advanced built-in auto-regression that makes it strong enough to withstand all forms of pressure when you try bringing your client to a sitting position. It enhances mobilization while ensuring independence and meeting the future needs of the client. NordBed Ultra is indeed the advanced care-bed every care staff and their clients need.
You won’t have to worry about getting your clients to a sitting or lying position. The Invacare NordBed Ultra comes with ErgoMove technology that makes it super-easy to move your client from an active sitting position to a lying position and back again to the active position with just a push of a button. The active sitting position facilitates the client’s function, such as drinking, eating, and reading, while ensuring proper pressure distribution. The movement sequence of the Invacare NordBed Ultra ensures the knee break and the backrest match as closely as possible to the body’s natural knee and hip pivot points. This ensures that the client stays in position and not slides down the bed.
The bed effectively supports single-handed care as the intuitive feature reduces the need for you to reposition the client. It has optimized mattress length support sections that are set following the anthropometric measurements. That way, the profiling sections perfectly fit and support most adults.
Key features include:
- ErgoMove technology: This makes it super easy to bring clients to a comfortable, active sitting position and back to a horizontal position without any need for repositioning the client. It also reduces shear.
- 25 cm lowest height: Comes with 10cm standard castors in order to make transfers easier while increasing fall prevention.
- Up-and-Out: This allows smooth and safe transfers while supporting ergonomic movement.
- Optimized dimensions of mattress support: This is set in line with anthropometric measurements to further increase comfort.
- Integrated extendable mattress platform: Comes with an extra 10cm at the foot and head ends to adjust to client’s needs and requirements easily.
- Under-bed light: Easy to turn on the light, fall prevention/safety.