The Team Invacare is growing - we are very happy that Svetlana Moshkovich has agreed to join our sponsored athletes!
She will promote Handcycling and our Invacare Top End products in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Russian region. She will soon go to the Top End factory in Florida to be trained on our sport products, especially assessment.
Discover our Invacare Top End sport products, click here.
Svetlana is 29 years old and born in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia. In 2004, she had a car accident that resulted in an incomplete spinal cord injury. In 2009, she moved from Russia to Germany and in the same year she discovered her passion for Handcycling as a member of the Otto Bock Handbike Team. Besides racing on her handbike, she also studies at the University in Düsseldorf, Germany, to get her bachelor in Computer Linguistics.
As you can see below, her discipline and willingness to win paid off:
- 3d place UCI World Cup in Baie-Comeau, Canada (road race and time trial)
- 3d place Berlin Marathon, Germany
- 1st place Cologne Marathon, Germany
- Overall winner of Handbike City Trophy, Germany
- 1st place Vuelta Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, Spain
- 2nd place EHC Race Rosenau, France
- Overall winner of UCI Paracycling Pyrenean Tour
- 3rd place UCI World Cup in Rome, Italy (road race and time trial)
- 3rd place UCI World Cup in Segovia, Spain (road race and time trial)
- 1st place Russian Championship
She crowned this success story at the Paralympics in London with the bronze medal in time trial! She is looking forward to participating in the 2016 Paralympics and she is eager to win again!
Her mission is to inspire other people with disabilities, make them discover her sport and show them that they should keep fighting, never give up and not fear the unknown.
We are proud that Svetlana is now part of the Team Invacare and that she embodies our brand promise “Making Life’s Experiences Possible”.