Rea Azalea Base is designed for people seeking a custom-made seat combined with a first-class wheelchair base. Developed to accommodate an alternative seating system with extra space in the rear of the seat frame and seat adjustability. The seat width can be adjusted from the arm and leg rests, and the depth changed via the telescopic seat frame. The high straight backrest tubes offer easy fixation ensuring that the Rea Azalea Base easily adapts to different-shaped seat moulds.
The Rea Azalea Base is wider in the rear section of the seat, offering the possibility to use larger seating systems on smaller frames. The backrest is angle adjustable including an increased recline which can be angled via a ‘rigging screw’ or an attendant operated gas piston. Another key feature of the Rea Azalea Base is the ‘Tilt in Space’ function - a weight shifting mechanism that ensures reliable stability. The carer or individual or can easily change their seating position with the power tilt and recline remote control option. Same chassis for 16, 20, 22 and 24" rear wheels, it reduces the number of parts required and accommodates different needs. As there are many balance options, it is also easier to push.
- Wider in the rear section: the Rea Azalea Base passive wheelchair by Invacare offers the possibility of using larger seating systems on smaller frames.
- Lighter to push: offers many balance options.
- “Tilt in Space” function: a weight shifting mechanism ensuring reliable stability.
- Angle adjustable backrest: includes an increased recline which can be angled via a ‘rigging screw’, or an attendant-operated gas piston.
- Adapts easily to a variety of seat moulds: the seat width can be adjusted from the arm and leg rests.
- Seat plate with turnable wedge: optional +5º seat angle can be obtained.
- Optional harness attachment.
- Multiple attachment holes offered: plus greater “open space” at the back.
- Available in 5 colours: Pearl Grey, Azurite Blue, Sand, Happy Red and Electric Green.