Matrx MX2 is an ultra-lightweight backrest with an attractive design, specially designed for active users. It is a stylish add-on to any lightweight manual wheelchair. The MX2 offers exceptional support to the lower trunk and pelvis, adding comfort and stability for optimised function. With the MX2, you have it all – aesthetics, support, comfort, and functionality.
The Invacare MX2 has been specially designed using several layers of carbon fiber to optimise flex and shock absorption. This means that the backrest will have the flexibility to accommodate the users’ movements while helping to keep them in a midline position. This is what an active user needs – stable freedom of movement. It will also play a major role in vibration dampening, especially when combined with the carbon fixation hardware, which enables users to ride more comfortably.
The Invacare Matrx MX2 comes with a perfect shape every user will desire. MX2 offers a 76 mm depth of anatomical contouring for enhanced lateral stability and immersion of the trunk. Lateral cutouts for the hips allow increased freedom of movement; ideal when leaning laterally for pressure relief or when reaching to pick up objects. The scapula cutout allows for freedom of movement of the shoulder blade, without compromising on support. This allows the user to self-propel efficiently, even with a higher back. Below are some key features of the Invacare Matrx MX2:
- Easy fit hardware: The MX2 comes with two types of hardware – Fixed Mount or Quick Release – both allows for 3D adjustment in height, depth (76 mm with Fixed Hardware; 108 mm with Quick-release Hardware), angle and rotation
- Fixed-mount: Constructed with a carbon fiber plate to reduce overall weight.
- Quick release: Easy to remove for portability.
- Privacy flap: It comes with an optional privacy flap that covers the opening between the seat and back.
- Positioning Pad: A lumbar pad is included as standard, providing lower back support for those who need additional comfort.
- MX2 Deep Laterals: Provide extra mid-line support and stability - 85mm of extra deep contour to the standard backrest contour.