Rea Clematis by Invacare is the perfect wheelchair for everyone – it’s carefully designed, taking into consideration the different needs and preferences among users. Thus, it boasts of various outstanding features that meet the needs of all users.
Rea Clematis features an angle-adjustable seat that provides the user with a range of possible positions. This helps prevent decubitus – the pressure areas shift between the seat and backrest when the seat tilts (thus preventing decubitus).
The need for a reclining backrest among users is also not left out; this manual wheelchair comes with an excellent reclining backrest. This feature opens up the hip angle for better comfort. It also works with the seat tilt to help stabilise posture, as well as paving the way for other movements.
Adjusting of posture is highly prioritised in Rea Clematis. This is why the wheelchair is equipped with high pivot points around the pelvis and knee joints – pivot points make sure the body moves along with the seat and leg rest. Largely, this minimises sheering and body compression, which translates to enhanced posture.
The headrest and trunk support maintains the same height – whether or not the backrest is angled. This ensures user comfortability.
- Armrests with angles: Rea Clematis comes with great armrests with angles that helps balance and contain the user in the wheelchair, stabilises the user during sudden stop and sharp turn, and many other functions.
- Backrest: the backrest ensures good posture – supports the back and head while preventing pain, and allows for maximal mobility.
- Adjustable body-length legrests: it has an adjustable legrest that offers ergonomic support – it can be adjusted to fit each user needs.
- Adjustable seat depth: this wheelchair features an excellent adjustable depth seat, just as the longer-shaped seat cushion. The contoured Flo-shape seat, which is made of Dartex, provides the best support when sitting.
- Hub brakes: another great feature from Rea Clematis – the optional hub brakes ensures a secure outdoor drive. The cables are fixed to the sides of the backrest plate.
- Seat width extension: the seat width extension brings in more comfort; the armrest and seat width extension allows for small modifications in distance.
Trunk supports: with the trunk support, users can enjoy a better fitting. This is also available as a swing-away version.