The Invacare SoftAIR is a dynamic mattress and is ideal for patients at Very High Risk of developing pressure ulcers. It has two options available within the SoftAIR range – SoftAIR Super and SoftAIR Excellence. The SoftAir Super has 21 cell in cells made from PU and nylon, including 3 cells which remain static in the head area. The air cells gently alternate over a 12-minute cycle to disperse unwanted pressure in a two-up one down cycle. The cover is vapour-permeable, and features fully high frequency welded seams.
The SoftAir Excellence features 19 dynamic alternating cells with 3 remaining static in the head region, with the addition of static air side walls which are constantly inflated to provide firm side support for users. The firmness of the static side walls facilitates patient transfer by providing effective sidewall support.
Invacare’s SoftAIR dynamic mattress is equipped with a pump (Invacare SoftAIR Pump). The SoftAir pump features simple touch buttons which can be used to adjust pressure, mute the alarm and lock the pump panel. The pump can be set to either static or dynamic mode, and also features an auto-detect facility that enables it to automatically sense back pressure from the user lying on the mattress. This further adjusts the pressure level accordingly. More so, the pump features both visual and audio alarms, which will activate in the event of low pressure or power failure. Below are some key features of the Invacare SoftAIR:
- CPR Tag: Where CPR needs to be administered, a quick release tag is attached to the mattress - which when pulled deflates the mattress immediately.
- Carry Bag: It comes with a bag that can be used to roll and transport the mattress inconveniently. The bag also has a side pocket for the control system.
- Dynamic Air Cells: The cells follow a 12-minute trio alternating (two up one down) pattern.
- Quick Zip: It features a 360-degree zip on the top cover, facilitates complete removal for laundering.
- Handles: The handle ensures ease of mattress handling and transportation.
- Sheet Loops: This allows the bed sheet to be loosely secured to the mattress while ensuring access to the CPR Tag.