Birdie EVO Compact offers a comfortable lift and transfers to or from beds, chairs, or even the floor. Birdie Compact is CE-certified in line with the Medical Device Directive 93/42/ECC. The hoist has been thoroughly tested by Invacare and the German TÜV institute – an accredited external body. This is to ensure that the hoists comply with EN ISO 10535 (the European standard for hoists).
This patient lifting equipment is ideal for use in domestic and residential care environments; the hoist can fold and unfold easily without the need for tools. Birdie Evo Compact provides comfort and ease of use.
The high boom maximises space for the client even when the hoist is in its highest position. This gives an ergonomic lift, and transfer, as the client can be easily rotated 360°, which makes positioning much easier for the carer.
- Birdie Evo Compact is simple to fold, unfold, and dismantle without tools. This makes it very easy to handle. The hoist takes up minimal space when stored and is easy to push and transport. If required, the mast and boom can also be easily detached from the base for easy transportation without any tools required. Below are some key features of the Invacare Birdie Compact:
- Emergency stop, lowering, and integrated charger: Manual or electric emergency lowering (compact version only electric lowering). The control box is supplied with a detachable or fixed battery.
- Manual leg spread: Users can simply step on the pedal to adjust the leg spread.
- Long boom – high user comfort: The client can easily be rotated and positioned. This reduces the risk of injury to the knees.
- Easy to fold and dismantle: Allows for ease of transportation and storage. No tools required when folding/unfolding or when dismantling the hoist.
- Mounted spreader bar: This Allows correct and safe positioning of the spreader bar.
- Scale: If needed, the scale is available approved, according to the medical standard EN 45501.