Matrx Vi Cushion by Invacare is designed to provide skin protection and positioning for individuals at moderate to high risk of skin breakdown. So, if you’re one with susceptibility for skin breakdown, the Invacare Matrx Vi Cushion is made for people like you. It is packed with exciting features that deliver its primary function and beyond. Matrx Vi Cushion Comes with a unique three-part foam construction that targets skin protection where it is needed most and features excellent stability, support, and comfort.
It has a rear cushion radius: +3.8 cm extra depth, designed to fill the gap between the seat and backrest/upholstery. And the 1.25 cm decrease in total width allows the cushion to fit both stated size and seats that are 2.5 cm narrower. The waterfall front end – a diagonal cut along the front accommodates tight hamstrings and further facilitates foot propulsion and standing transfers.
The Invacare Matrx Vi Cushion also features a Visco foam insert. The molded visco-elastic foam ischial relief insert anatomically targeted to ischial/sacral area – provides immersion to sensitive bony prominences. Below are some key features of the Invacare Matrx Vi Cushion:
- Top Layer: Matrx Vi Cushion features a soft (ILD) High Resilient (HR) foam for optimal comfort and support. Pre-ischial contour provides stability to pelvis. Abductor/adductor contour promotes midline leg positioning. It is made with Ultra-Fresh™ for antibacterial and odor protection.
- Outer cover: Moisture resistant and breathable, and it includes slip-resistant base, lifting strap, hook and loop fasteners.
- Inner cover: The inner cover is moisture resistant. Easily wipes clean and the zippered cover allows easy cushion modifications.
- Bottom Layer: Features firm (ILD) High Resilient (HR) foam for support and durability. The trochanteric shelf provides stability to hips. It also has a waterfall front edge and rear radius for sacral support.
- Visco foam insert: It has a molded visco-elastic foam ischial relief insert, provides immersion to sensitive bony prominences.
- Waterfall front end: Matrx Vi Cushion features a diagonal cut along the front that accommodates tight hamstrings, facilitates foot propulsion and standing transfers.