Matrx Flo-tech Contour by Invacare is a unique cushion that benefits its users immensely. The cushion is contoured into sections, thereby making it ideal for what it represents. Basically, the Matrx Flo-tech Contour supports the user and increases pressure redistribution.
It is built with an improved posture and increased support surface area, which contributes significantly to pressure ulcer prevention. So, if you’re looking for a cushion that helps you improve pressure distribution, you want to opt for the Matrx Flo-tech Contour, as it is specially made for that purpose. It is also suitable for heavy users.
The Invacare Matrx Flo-tech Contour also comes with a moulded foam cushion. The moulding lets the cushion to provide a three-dimensional form, which cannot be emulated in cut foam. Another good thing about the moulded foam is that it is highly durable, thus increasing the product’s longevity. The contoured seat surface is also fantastic. It provides enhanced and postural support – the castellations, therefore, reduces shear and friction forces on the tissue. Below are some key features of the Invacare Matrx Flo-tech Contour:
- Available in 83 sizes: It is available in a range of 83 sizes, from 330 x 360 to 600 x 550 mm.
- Colours: It is available in different colours – black smooth, black wipe-down, black spacer fabric, and black blue.
- Ingress Resistant Cover: The Invacare Matrx Flo-tech Contour comes with two-way stretch, water-resistant and vapour-permeable cover. The cover has an anti-slip base with carrying handle.
- Integral Sag Compensator option: The optional sag compensator accommodates the sag in wheelchair seats, and ensures the cushion is correctly presented.
- Ultra-freshTM added to all cushions for antimicrobial and odour protection: This helps to make it resistant to the growth of odour causing bacteria.
- Contoured seating surface: This offers improved stability and postural support. Also delivers a higher degree of pressure distribution compared to a flat surface.