Whilst the performance of a seat cushion is often recognised as an important feature of a wheelchair, often people who spend much of their day seated are at greater risk of pressure injuries and need a solution when using other devices such as toileting and showering aids too.
Vicair’s Hygiene cushion offers the perfect combination of comfort and skin protection for people with limited mobility. It has four compartments filled with Vicair’s unique SmartCell technology for optimal positioning, distributing pressure and minimising shear forces. The amount of SmartCells in each compartment can also be individually adapted to create more customised support for an individual’s stability and pressure protection.
Vicair Hygiene is often used with our highly acclaimed Aquatec Ocean Ergo range but could also be used on other hygiene or shower commode chairs. The Vicair cushion is fastened with fastening straps in each corner to ensure it remains in place. The top features a fluid-repellent material while the underside is in a mesh material which facilitates cushion cleaning. Vicair Hygiene is 100% machine washable at 60 °C and breathable for optimal hygiene, temperature and moisture regulation. With the new Vicair hygiene cushion, the user can feel both safe and comfortable while sitting.
Key features of Vicair Hygiene
- Specifically designed: allowing pressure care to continue with showering and toileting aids
- Optimal pressure and positioning: 4 individual compartments filled with Vicair SmartCells, specially skin protection with Vicair adjustable.
- Machine washable: the closed top and open bottom facilitates maintenance. Can easily be wiped down or machine washed up to 60°C
- Middle opening: follows the contour of your shower and toilet commode chair
- Easy to attach: seat straps in each corner
- One size: available in a size 48x45x8 cm.